West Bloomfield Historical Society
This is a very early home. It originally was owned by the Taft family. It is built of bricks.
179o land purchased by Captain Robert Taft
1799 replaced log cabin with present dwelling
1845 inherited by son Myron Taft
1905 inherited by daughter Alice and husband Gilman Wood
1930 Gilman Wood took it over
1957 Edgar Wood, Alice and Gilman's son