West Bloomfield Historical Society

Gladys Shackleton

Shackleton House


Built in 1894 fro James Elton and his Wife Mary as a wedding present from her father.


In 1916 it was bought by the Shackleton family. 


In 1920 Mrs. Shackleton had a B&B called Lane's End.


The pond on the property has been called Stark Pond, Steward Pond, Shepard Pond, Shackleton Pond and Baughman Pond.